along with her smallest son
our godson
they were both very nice
and we managed to have a quite even conversation
in which we both
shared about ourselves
and listened to each other
it was a bit of a change, and definitely a good one.
Today I visited Gy.
just two streets away
met her smallest daughter
my namesake
they were both very nice
and we managed to have a quite good conversation
despite the fact that the last time we did so
must have been about four or five (and possibly more) years ago
I hope it won't be so much till the next time.
Meanwhile I keep doing the hard but necessary stuff
on Tuesday I sent off a Christmas and farewell card to my (former) parents-in-law
today I walked along a street on which I never dared walk since spring
because of the memories attached to it
I don't think that these help
but maybe prevent some further deterioration
and in fact help isn't the point either--
they feel like non-negotiables
like duties
like putting one foot in front of the other
whether I like it or not.
I also started listening to Oliver Twist
I need to listen to each chapter 1.5-2 times on average to get them
(mostly because I don't pay enough attention)
but all in all I think I like it (a great reader, needless to say).
Nincsenek megjegyzések:
Megjegyzés küldése