I am told (not for the first time, mind you)
that I need (non-destructive) outlets
for my emotions
mentally (writing? crying? shouting?)
physically (running? chopping firewood?)
and spiritually (...?)
and if I use them appropriately
then the pain, with time,
will loose of its strength
and, with time
it will start to feel more like
the memory of pain.
So far, so good. How do I start it, though?
And how do I get back on track after
a blood-thirsty dream-splurge or two?
The other interesting task
may be to
well, first accept reality both on the factual level (what has been has been and may (have) be(en)), and on the emotional (what I feel is what I feel and I may feel so)--anyway, that isn't the point now
but then
to take my interpretations
(whatever I tell myself, think, surmise)
and review those
in the light of what I know to be true--mostly Scripture.
What's funny in it is that
every now and again I came across this concept earlier
building up an identity based on faith
but it always felt like such a
useless thing to spend time on
I mean, isn't it obvious that
we are loved sinners
whose Father and Maker delights in them
who are precious beyond any other creature etc. etc.?
Well, she who stands should be careful
not to fall...
Nincsenek megjegyzések:
Megjegyzés küldése