and even now pretty much unawarest
I lived a few days on the principle that
"I say yes unless there is a compelling reason for a no"
and I played more with the kids here
than any other time anywhere, probably
and even if I started at times reluctantly
it was so worth it.
I'm not even sure why and how it turned out this way
but I heartily enjoyed being around little people
who love me without expectations or constraints
pretty much for the sake of my friend, their mother
and it also dawned on me that by the time we next meet
they may well grow out of the play-with-me age
and since we had plenty of adult time at hand anyway
there just was no compelling reason to say no.
And so we shared quite a bit of fun
(I don't think I have played hide-and-seek for the last 30+ years)
of course they won't remember forever
but they may for a time
and also look forward to the next guest
and maybe, just maybe
I learned a bit about myself
about first things first
and about living in the here and now.
We also attended a lovely little concert today
all recorder
from sopranino to great bass
from solo to tutti
from 9 to, say, 69.
And it felt so good.
It's been ages since I last heard this much of recorder music
and also I found that
anything reconnecting me with my pre-marital life & self
is very much welcome in these troubled times.
The other life-giving programme here
was the library visit on Friday
an amazing building
where I've got an impression on a Western town library
all in one open space
no quantity limit on the borrow-able items
each CD and DVD in its own case, right in front of the user
as well as
And so if I started with principles
I may as well add that
"Books make me happy"
and start living accordingly.
Nincsenek megjegyzések:
Megjegyzés küldése