My point of view is shifting
and not in the right direction
"if you compare yourself to others
you may become bitter or vain
for there will always be
greater and lesser persons
than yourself"
Obviously, my trap is the bitterness
I feel as though everyone around me
were moving forward
closer to their goals and ambitions
hopes and dreams
while I am here not just in one place or even moving backwards
but actually without any of these.
Really, I'm just keeping up appearances
(all the while priding myself in being
an honest and transparent person!)
mostly for my own sake, fortunately
but still without any content
I am empty
and the bottom lacking it doesn't look as if I could fill up in the foreseeable future, either
I wonder what depression may feel like
if there are stages to it where this may be the entry level
or maybe it's still just the outside hall
where I am pacing round and round
waiting for some other door to open
or at least to appear on another wall.
Nincsenek megjegyzések:
Megjegyzés küldése