2020. augusztus 2.

on the sneaky ways of depression

I start seeing this pattern
at one point I just lose interest in everything
plans, dreams and ideas
that felt life-giving a day before
(like travelling the world
or, at an earlier time, painting the flat)
lose their appeal completely 
things to do become huge, almost insurmountable 
I do only what I absolutely must
but it’s a bit like a water bed:
if I push one side of it hard
the rest becomes even more useless

I felt this in the morning today
all my resistance concentrated
in that lying flat on my back
that I can’t get up
because from the moment that I do
I am on the conveyor belt of 
everyone else’s day
carried along 
whether I like it or not

As to the pattern
I also ate about 250 g of chocolate
(from the sweeter types)
in a mere 36 hours
and didn’t even feel guilty

Also in these days
no progress seems real 
all I try to do for myself
is a pathetic effort
to keep up appearances 
most importantly that of holding up
but every perceived improvement is just superficial
and at the bottom nothing ever changes
(at least not for the better)

After a while
crying might set in
although technically that may not be a depression symptom
(I think)
but it usually leads to despair

Today I’ve been crying
pretty much all the way from Kt. to Szeged

Nincsenek megjegyzések: