2020. augusztus 21.

on holiday, again

I get a lot of Balaton this summer, it seems
here I am in Keszthely again
since yesterday

Sz. took me to a group of foreigners (pensioners, in fact)
practicing Hungarian conversation
it was great fun, we hit it off splendidly 
though (yet again) I couldn't resist
marvelling at some amazing British accents
and worse, chatting a fair bit in my not so amazing Mancunain
(which nevertheless got me the kind compliment of 
"your English is exceptional")
anyway, I'll send them some online resources
and then they may or may not use them

We also talked a lot with Sz.
or to be honest, I did
and asked way less than I ought to have
but I saw their lovely new home
and garden
and the Cameroonian sheep next door (or rather garden)
and had a fine lunch made by her husband

in many aspects a life I shall never have
while in many others one very close to mine

We've also stood a bit in the water
shared a pizza
walked around quite a bit 
climbed to St Michael's chapel nearby
and met Sz's third cousin
a friendly architect who's currently working on a farm house in Pomáz

Then today I came to G & A & little E 
G wasn't at home till 9pm
but with the "girls" we walked around in the centre quite a bit
ate ice cream
and I was talked to a lot more than asked
which felt like the universe balancing out my previous performance


Nincsenek megjegyzések: