2020. augusztus 28.

on dreams failing me (or I them)

So the days go by more or less fine
but I seem to have lost a few dreams again

much as I liked the idea of a South East Asian backpacking adventure
I decided to give it one more thought
when I realised that given the choice
I would always opt for mountain over sea
and cold/dry over hot/humid

but nowhere else would so little money
take me nearly so far
and two weeks of backpacking
sounds a lot less promising life-change-wise
than three months

then there was the idea of moving to Sz.
for October
but alas, that would make doing away with myself way too easy
so maybe I should abandon it
"for the time being"

then I finally called a gas man to fix the stovetop
where one of the "roses" wasn't working
and then (just as he foretold it, in fact)
while trying to fix it, he actually killed another one, too
leaving me with the need for a new one
which in turn made me realise
that I wished for a built-in stove
in my future kitchen
but I obviously can't start 
a complete renovation now
and won't replace the stove again

sometimes I'd like to sell the flat
and just spend the money travelling the world
without a single care for the ever-eluding "future"

(including those more abstract 
and even less attainable dreams
like a husband and kids)

Maybe I should look at it 
from the point of view that at least 
I had some new dreams to lose

Nincsenek megjegyzések: