Today I walked out to the mall
where the farmer/crafter market was
too crowded to feel safe
and where the grocery store didn’t have my favourite muesli
(nor freezer bags for the hospital)
On the way back I mailed one sold book
and had a nice cappuccino ("drink out to help out”)
that I drank in front of a giant nativity scene on Széchenyi square
all the while pondering how it is
that this far I always felt the downtown Christmas fuss way too much
but now I miss it acutely
Later there was the Christmas gathering with the Faith & Light community
where I sang surprisingly self-consciously
and consequently pretty falsely[?] for the first few beats
but other than this, it was nice as always
I listened to Obama’s reading of his (abridged) memoir
that was is either very well written or very well edited
but I enjoyed it so much that it made me want to listen to the whole
(though I would probably not read it)
And now I am really sleepy
but a few minutes ago when I finally closed the laptop
my mind was instantly back at all those toxic spirals
so I decided to open it up again, and write
Nincsenek megjegyzések:
Megjegyzés küldése