2020. november 11.

on selfishness

This was a good day again
we had a long walk with A.
ran errands
had a coffee to go
and pushed MA around
she told me about an initiative to help out 
the local COVID ICU
with whatever they need
(such as disposable socks!)
and then at home I read another friend’s letter 
on a mailing list with the same idea

and suddenly I felt so ashamed
that I never even thought of this
(though I did wonder why 
we don’t clap any more
now that the case is so much worse 
than it used to be in spring)

I feel like I am closing in
the world and its state 
permeates my mind less and less

Meanwhile, K. is about to leave her husband
for another man
totally convinced that he is The One
and I am utterly powerless
and have no idea what to say even

Nincsenek megjegyzések: