it was very interesting indeed
turns out that shame works differently from other emotions
even on the neuron (?) level:
while others may be reversed fairly easily
shame's paths are somehow more set
meaning that unlike after, say, hearing someone apologise
and never being angry with them again
shame keeps coming back
It reminded me of what I once heard
that (Catholic) women who had an abortion
keep confessing it
I always found it (scary and) weird
you are forgiven, why would you confess anything more than once
but by now I understood
I could do it with the divorce
(and it wasn't even my decision)
The other interesting thing in the podcast
was that just as we are not getting into shame alone
we can't get out of it alone either
we need the acceptance of others
(for ourselves, not for our actions)
3 megjegyzés:
which podcast did you listen to?
Oh yes, I tend to be lazy to link stuff on my phone, sorry. This was it, & eternal thanks to J. for it: https://open.spotify.com/episode/4ed1UTIOOoLOwdSEijf3VO?si=Y4zz6d-wRMmjwdfxTFFayg
thanks :)
Megjegyzés küldése