2021. október 20.

on overwhelm, what else

One of my numerous former bosses called me the other day
and offered me a job
namely to teach Hungarian 
to two Nigerian seminarists

I told him that I am off till the middle of November
but eventually said yes to starting then
and now my head is boiling :-D
because as much as liked teaching Hungarian, I was never good at it
and this seems like a case with high stakes
also, two to three hours a day(!)
also, two people (though that makes it somehow rather less scary)
also, I haven’t told my current boss yet...

So now my mind at any given moment
is occupied with one or more of these:
- translation
- window-replacement and the very bad mess it will cause
- window-replacement and the very good order I should set up beforehand
(incl. removing the bathroom mirror and such...)
- teaching Hungarian to a couple of Nigeraian seminarists
(incl. questions mostly on methodology & 
how to tolerate the stress of not being understood – in any way other than starting to speak in English)
- how it will interfere with my other job
- whether and if so: when will I ever see friends again
- whether I can get out somewhere while the lovely weather lasts
- whether hard mental work justifies buying (and eating) chocolate



Nincsenek megjegyzések: